What makes someone a pinup? Where are the requirements for vintage gal status written down? Personally, I think anyone who wants to claim the title is welcome to it, but I also had a lot of fun thinking about the various “skills” a modern pinup needs. Some of them are the same as glamour girls of days gone by, but some are very specific to today’s world. I’d love to know if you agree!
- How to draw a wing so sharp it could kill a man
- How to open a bottle of champagne
- Where the nearest bathroom is
- How to accept a compliment
- When to call it a night
- What her favorite red lipstick is
- How to rock a sale
- When wearing heels is worth it…
- …and when it isn’t
- Which Old Hollywood starlet she most wants to emulate
- How to make it a week without breaking a nail
- How to use the restroom while wearing complex undergarments
- The best antique/thrift shops in her city
- The value of a well-used hashtag
- How to do a curl set
- The approximate location of the nearest tiki bar and/or cocktail lounge
- Which Mad Men character she would be (even if she didn’t watch Mad Men)
- How to complete an outfit with a well-placed accessory
- How to use a record player
- When poof is called for, and when EXTRA poof is called for
How many of these can you check off? What’s on your list?
PS: Speaking of sales, I’m on a no-buy right now but I’m drooling over everything in the Modcloth sale! Let me live vicariously through you.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links.